Supported Business – GIS Healthcare, Gloucestershire County Council
GIS Healthcare operates over two sites the warehouse where we store equipment and a refurbishment site where we recycle and refurbish the equipment. In summary GIS Healthcare supply, deliver, collect, service, repair and refurbish a huge range of medical aids and equipment such as beds, hoists, shower chairs, walking frames, tri-walkers, telecare and specialist equipment.
We serve the area of Gloucestershire and work in partnership with Gloucestershire Care Services and NHS Trust. We deliver medical equipment to people’s homes, residential care homes and local hospitals across the County. Our teams include Driver/Fitters, Production Operators, Transport Assistants, Warehouse team, Production team and Administration staff, Transport Co-ordinators.
We are a small provision and offer a Traineeship Programme which is supported by DWP therefore is subject to a referral process through the Job Centre.
The programme itself is a good way for individuals who have had difficulty finding employment due to a disability or health condition , to gain meaniful employment and they would be able to gain confidence, work skills and meet new people and develop themselves is a work environment.
To arrange collection, individuals can contact via telephone 01452 520438 or email GISHealthcareCustomerServ@gloucestershire.gov.uk
The Offer – Traineeship Programme – GIS Healthcare
Subject to TESG application being approved – Trainee position for 6 months, 16 hours per week, national minimum wage.
We ask all referrals to complete a 6/8 week unpaid work trial to assess suitability for the programme and complete a holistic workplace assessment through Access to Work.
The candidate will be employed on a Traineeship Agreement with Gloucestershire County Council, to undertake work within GIS Healthcare in view to gain skills and experience, with a willingness and commitment to engage with the Employment Development Officer and the Forwards Employment Team Work Clubs, in supporting the Trainee find sustainable work opportunities.
- Gaining valuable work experience in a supported business, involving Team working, Time Management and communication. Listening skills ensuring you are able to follow instructions, warehouse skills, refurbishment, assembling equipment and enabling you to gain confidence in a supported work environment.
- 1:1 support in searching for sustainable employment and job opportunities
- Workshops and preparing for longer term employment
- Employability skills, interview support, CV support and exploring what you are able to do confidently to sustain work and what you need to do to enhance you prospects.
- Attending Forwards Employment Team – employability sessions once a week.
How to apply
This is a referral process only. Contact your local Job Centre (Gloucestershire area) and ask your work coach or disability adviser for information on GIS Healthcare Traineeship Programme.
Contact Forwards Employment team for further information https://www.forwardsgloucestershire.co.uk/
For more information on the Programme you can contact the Employment Development Officer, GIS Healthcare, Nicky Hughes either call Mobile 07827 083489 01452 874976 email email@example.com
Here are some Case Studies of trainees who have accessed the programme: